Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Genre Picking

 So I know I want to do an action movie. Luckily, with the budget I'm working with, $0 USD in 2022 money, this may be easier to accomplish. From my own recollection, most action movies don't start with an action sequence in the first 2 minutes. 

From my own recollection, most action movies begin by setting up the main conflict of the story, whether it be giving the protagonist or antagonist an origin story like a lot of Marvel films, or jumping straight into the action like The Dark Knight (2008) by Christopher Nolan. 


The opening of The Dark Knight (2008) perfectly sets up the film's main antagonist, the Joker played by Heath Ledger. The scene involves a bunch of criminals gathering together to rob a bank while all wearing clown masks. As the robbery takes place, the goons murder each other for the chance of receiving a higher share from the "boss" who ordered the robbery. When only one goon remains, he unmasks to reveal himself as the Joker, the one who ordered the robbery in the first place. The scene establishes the Joker character as someone who seems off-edge but is actually a master of manipulation.

I would like my film opening to set up the conflict in the opening scene. I'm also considering including the "MacGuffin Object" idea I floated in the last blog. It will probably be a briefcase containing sensitive information.

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Over

 Hello everyone. This is it. The final post. I'm very appreciative of everyone who has helped me along with this project. I cannot expre...