Friday, February 25, 2022

Set Scouting Success

Another aspect to be attended to during the planning phase of production is set scouting. Since I want my first scene to take place in an office building, well, I went looking for one. Yesterday, I went around town and beyond, looking for a place to film part of the opening. 

Here are the viable options I was able to scout:

1-A three-story building near Ultimate Software. 
Pros: Has an elevator, doesn't require masks
Cons: The elevator is outdoors as all the office's doors lead outside

2- A four-story building, near Broward Health Clinic.
Pros: Has 4 elevators all next to each other, 100% indoors
Cons: There may be echoes from the open design of the building

3- My dad's office building, near the former YAA Museum.
Pros: Having a connection with the building's owner may make filming easier
Cons: Most areas of the office require security clearance (employees only) and will require a little more driving since it's not in Weston.


After considering all the choices, I'm going with the second option. Even though the sound may echo, the set itself is too good to not use. The 4 elevator hallway looks very nice and the lobby is very spacious. The inside of the elevator is roomy and looks modern. The path leading to the different office suites is partially carpeted and well lighted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Over

 Hello everyone. This is it. The final post. I'm very appreciative of everyone who has helped me along with this project. I cannot expre...